Thursday, February 17, 2011

Feb 10-17

Hey all! Sorry I've been slacking on posts lately! I've had a really great week so far. And this weekend was one of the best weekends ever!

I'll start Friday. It was 60 and finally sunny! It hasn't been like that since, so I'm really glad I took advantage of that day. My friend Jessica and I went to Parc Buttes de Chaumont and took a day to sit on the grass and read, write, and picnic. The place was really lively because of the unexpected good weather, and the people watching was great. This is one of only a few parks in Paris where you can actually walk/sit on the grass. Here are a few photos from the park and our picnic:





Then we went to dinner with Valerie and Hannah where we found a nice Italian place and split a few pizzas. I then had the BEST CREPE OF MY LIFE. It was delicious and perfect and filled with Nutella goodness. But I digress....

Saturday was really great too! Hannah and I found a really neat restaurant called Breakfast in America which is an American diner with all the comfort foods I was craving. It was perfect and delish and I even had Dr. Pepper !! We hung out for a bit in that little quartier (district) and then later I went out to dinner with Kelsey, Kelley, and Jessica. We were all craving Mexican food so we found a little restaurant and it was really good, but certainly no La Caretta. Then Jessica and I were off to a concert! I stumbled upon tickets for a band that I knew (not very well) for around 10 euros and we bought them that day. And I'm so excited we did! The band (Freelance Whales) was so fun! We had a great time and I even met some girls from NYU we might hang out with later.  A few photos from Saturday:

They had Dr. Pepper at Breakfast in America!! It's unheard of everywhere else here



Then Sunday we went to one of my favorite quartiers, called Le Marais. We had delicious fallafel (again) and did some fun thrift store shopping. I then came home to a great dinner from my host family.

Then this week went by really quickly! Monday was Valentine's day and even though I was 4,000 miles away from my valentine and from friends/family, it was a very nice one.  I got a surprise valentine from Ian and then got cards from mom and gma. I was very pleasantly surprised. The rest of this week consisted of exploring some quartiers and going to classes. I'm now enrolled in an independent study with the director which should be really interesting. Hopefully I'll be back on Sunday to update you all, but if not- I'll talk to you when I get back from the south of France! And here, some vday flowers for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment